Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 1 @ Cognizant !

The bold Joining Humour
After a long wait,When the life was already a DAGLING POINTER, this day has come nothing more than a surprize when “one fine day ” My rediff mail box brought me the news that read ”Cognizant Welcomes you“.I felt, oh ! they still remmeber me.I had proved that I have successfully passed my Engineering degree (for those who never saw my gradeseets) and 2 yrs back the party that I threw celebrating “Day Zero“ offer wasn’t a bluff.Anyways waiting for something one desire for deerly and dearly is always tuff.This wait accompanied opportunities for some with New bussiness avenues , like Agriculture and Dairy farming( being the only ones with some scope for Business) & frustration n apprehension for some.Anyways most of us with Day Zero offers did nothing for the last 11 months, in short..Lets stop giving excuses.Then Came a seemingly endless search for our batchmates in So called sites Which are BLUE in clolour. And to most of the joinee males apprehension grew strong for a boring life ahead, not to find intresting gals around in those Blue background sites.Anyways there are still , lots dynamic men in business around for a great work life ahead.. was the only funda with what they could console themselves anyhow.Finally the said day came when We had a date with our talent manager.The morning scene;8:30AM ;Monday morning at the gate of TCPX facility;security folks welcomed me,handing over my PEHCHAAN PATAL (Identity card) …..;Welcome to BENGLISH culture, enough of hinglish.. Time for a change.The day1 delight , started with induction formalities , signing lots of papers with ma PARKER pen,felt as if am CEO now.Then came were individual and group games. Now that was fun coz the games that test teamwork with linguistically different people has a great humour in itself; folks disucssing plan in bengali and every conversation sounds “kakrokaro che” or Chockroach….Now the best of ma experiences were the song in bengali sung by a batchmate”Bhalolage bandhu“; which changed my perception about the language from harsh to soothing. Now, am in the self heard singing mode to this bangla number.
(Although I dont understand the lyrics now but a feet tapping music…..somehow I tried to remember the first 3 lines of the song)
Bhalolage sapnire mayajaal bunte;
Bhalolage uiyaakashed tara gunte;
Bhalolage meghladini nishpaloke rondhanu khuchte;
…………..Bondhu !

No comments:

Post a Comment